WHEREAS the Participant is designated in the Travel takaful Certificate named as "Travel Takaful" Schedule hereto having by a proposal and declaration (Medical History and Physician's Report and Certificates, if any), which shall be the basis of the contract and shall be deemed to be incorporated herein, applied to The UNITED INSURANCE COMPANY OF PAKISTAN LIMITED – WINDOW TAKAFUL OPERATIONS (hereinafter called the "Company") for the Takaful Contract hereinafter set forth and having paid the contribution stated in the Travel Certificate Schedule.
Participant Means: The person whose name is in the Takaful Certificate issued within the validity period of travel.
Participant Family Means: The Certificateholder, spouse and children (aged 18 years or less) dependent and permanently residing with the Participant Person.
Immediate Family Member Shall Mean: The Certificateholder, Spouse and Children(aged 15 years or less) dependent and permanently residing with the Participant..
Period of cover: As per purchased Takaful Contract.
Usual Country of Residence Means: The country where the Certificate was issued by the company
Usual Place of Residence Means: The Travel or residence of an Participant in the Usual Country of residence.
Serious Illness: A change in health that requires admission to hospital and which, in the opinion of the Company's medical team, which involves risk of death.
Permanent Disability: This shall be deemed to consist of the permanent anatomic loss or lack of functionality or limbs or organs as a result of an accident. The amount of the indemnity shall be determined by applying to the Participant’s Funs the percentages as per scale of compensation.
Injury: A medical problem caused by a sudden and severe external reason beyond the control of the Participant, within the validity period of this certificate.
Serious Injury: An injury, which in the opinion of the Company's medical team, which involves risk of death.
Cover: The Company will provide the Participant with the immediate material assistance as specified, under the benefits set out in this Certificate.
Covered Trip: The Covered Trip commences when the Participant starts the direct journey from to the exit point of his usual country of residence and ceases when the Participant first returns Travel.
• Covered trip will be 92 days (for Diamond, Gold, Silver, Standard, Platinum & Gold plus Packages) only
• Covered trip will be of 365 consecutive days for students plan only.
Whenever the Participlant is traveling out of the usual Country of Residence, the company will provide the following benefits.
In respect of the outward journey at commencement of the Covered Trip:
1) Medical expenses and Hospiltalization abroad: In the event of illness or injury of the Participant occurring, the Company will meet the usual, customary, necessary and reasonable costs of hospitalization, surgery, medical fees and pharmaceutical products, prescribed the attending doctor.
2) Transport or Repatriation in case of illness or injury of Participant: In the event of accident or sudden illness, the company will take charges the cost of transferring or repatriating the Participant to a properly equipped health center or to his/her usual country of residence.
3) Emergency Dental care: This coverage is restricted to the treatment of pain and infection.
4) Repatroiation of the family member: If the participant be hospitalized for more than 15 days, the company will meet the costs in respect of an immediate family member or, a person appointed by the participant and having the same country of residence as the member, considering this person was travelling alone with the participant.
5) Repatroiation of mortal remain: In the event of the death of the Participant, the Company will make the arrangements necessary for the repatriation of his/her mortal remains, and will meet the cost of the transfer to the place of interment, cremation or funeral ceremony at his/her usual country of residence.
6) Medical referral/appointment of local medical specialist: Through the company's call center, the participant will be given access and referred to any agreed medical center or medical practitioner of the Company's international network.
7) Connection services: Whilst travelling abroad, the Participant will be entitled to contact the company in order to obtain miscellaneous services, where he is located and in particular rental car referral and reservation, legal and administrative information and referral.
8) Delayed Departure: In the event that transport services on which the participant has previously booked to travel and delayed by at least 8 hours. Takaful Operator will indemnify the cost of the additional expenses (transport and hotel accommodation, as well as maintenance as a result of the delay), in case not provided by the Airline.
9) Coverages for Baggage: The guarantees relating to baggage and personal possessions that belong to the participant persons and will be provided according to the terms and conditions. In all cases, the original certification of the carrier or complaint, reporting the occurrence of the loss/accident must be furnished. The minimum period of the time that must elapse for the baggage to be considered to have been lost once and for all, will that stipulated by the carrier company, within a minimum of 21 days. Money, jewelry, debit and credit card, and any type of documents are excluded from this guarantee. The amount compensated by the airline/carrier company will be excluded from the total claimed justified amount.
Takaful Operator shall indemnify the Participant in respect of all irrecoverable deposits, advance payments and other charges paid or due to be paid for travel and/or accommodation up to a maximum of 500 US$, in the event of the Participant's covered trip being necessarily canceled or curtailed due to:
i) death, accidental bodily injury or illness of the Participant or the death, accidental bodily injury or illness of the Participant's immediate relative;
ii) The death, accidental bodily injury or illness of any person with whom the Participant had arranged to travel, reside or conduct business, or of the immediate relative;
iii) The Participant or any person with whom the Participant had arranged to travel, reside or conduct business being:
quarantined or called for witness or jury service;
b) made redundant provided that such redundancy qualifies for payment under the applicable usual country of residence legislation;
c) called for emergency duty as a member of the armed forces, the defense of civil administration, the police force or the fire, rescue, public utility or medical service;
d) required to be present at his Travel or place of business in the usual country of residence following burglary or major damage.
The cancellation of scheduled or chartered transport services (including connecting publicly licensed transportation) caused by accident, strike, industrial action, hi-jack, terrorist act, criminal act, bomb scare, riot, civil commotion, fire, flood, earthquake, landslide, avalanche, adverse weather conditions or mechanical breakdown, provided that the event giving rise to such cancellation occurs, or is only announced, after the covered Trip is booked or this Takaful contract is effected, whichever is the later,
v) Major damage rendering uninhabitable, the accommodation in which the Participant had previously booked to reside during a Covered Trip
vi) Refund of Certificate is allowed only with the submission of rejection letter of the concerned Embassy.
The Paticipant shall furnish the evidence, documents or certificates of the event, which caused the journey to be canceled.
1. The Participant must obtain written confirmation from the carriers or their agents of the actual date and time of departure and the reasons for delay before a claim is considered under this Certificate.
2. Claims under this Section shall be calculated from the actual time of departure of the conveyance on which the Participant was booked to travel, as specified in the booking confirmation.
3. Breakage of glass or china is not covered unless caused by an accident to the conveyance in which the Participant is traveling.
4. Loss or damage caused by moth, vermin, electrical or mechanical breakdown, machinery breakdown, gradual deterioration or wear and tear.
5. Loss of cash, bank or currency notes, cheques, postal orders, credit cards, charge cards, travel cards, bankers cards, traveler's checks, travel tickets, passports, driving licenses, green cards and petrol or other coupons.
6. Claims resulting from confiscation, requisition, detention, destruction or damage by customs authorities or other such officials.
7. Losses which are not reported to the Police or appropriate authorities within 24 hours of discovery or as soon as is reasonably practicable.
8. Breakage of sports equipment whilst in use or loss of or damage to pedal cycles or hired equipment.
9. Loss of or damage to contact, corneal or micro-corneal lenses.
1. Claims intimation will not exceed 60 days from the date of claim incurred within 30 days after return to country of residence.
2. In the event of any claim, the liability of the Company shall be conditional on the Participant claiming indemnity or benefit having complied with and continuing to comply with the terms of this Certificate.
3. In the event of a claim under this Certificate the Participant shall:-
a) Take all reasonable precautions to minimize the loss.
b) As soon as possible to telephone the Company to notify the claim stating the benefits required at the following:-
c) Freely provide the Company with all relevant information.
d) Make no admission of liability or offer promise or payment of any kind.
4. The Company is not liable in respect of any benefit which would otherwise be payable under this Crertificate, should there be another Takaful Contract.
5. The Company will not reimburse or consider reimbursing any amount of expenses which were not previously approved.
6. The Company will not be liable to pay directly to the hospital etc; only the amount paid by the participant will reimbursed according to terms and conditions of the certificate.
7. The contribution will be refunded only if the copy of rejection letter will furnish along with the original certificate to the Company.
1. On a general basis for all the guarantees and coverage, the consequences of the following are excluded from the guarantee object of this Agreement:
a) Those caused directly or indirectly by the bad faith of the Participant by his / her fraudulent, seriously negligent or reckless actions. The consequences of the actions of the participant in a state of derangement or under psychiatric treatment are not covered either.
b) Extraordinary natural phenomena such as floods, earthquakes, landslides, volcanic eruptions, atypical cyclonic storms, falling objects from space and aerolites, and in general any extraordinary atmospheric, meteorological, seismic or geological phenomenon.
c) Events arising from terrorism, mutiny or crowd disturbances.
d) Events or actions of the Armed Forces or Security Forces in peacetime.
e) Wars, with or without prior declaration, and any conflicts or international interventions using force or duress.
f) Those derived from radioactive nuclear energy.
g) Those caused when the Participant takes part in bets, challenges or brawls, save in the case of legitimate defense or necessity.
h) Illness or injuries existing prior to the claim.
i) Those that occur as a result of the participation by the Participant in competitions, sports, and preparatory or training tests.
j) Engaging in the following sports, motor racing or motorcycle racing in any of its modes, big game hunting outside European territory, underwater diving using artificial lungs, navigation in international waters in craft not intended for the public transport of passengers, horse riding, climbing, potholing, boxing, wrestling in any of its modes, martial arts, parachuting, hot air ballooning, free falling, gliding and, in general, any sport or recreational activity that is notoriously dangerous.
k) Participation in competitions or tournaments organized by sports federations or similar organizations.
l) Skiing and/or similar sports.
m) The use, (as a passenger or crew), of means of air navigation not authorized for the public transport of travelers, as well as helicopters.
n) The accidents deemed legally to be work or labor accidents, consequence of a risk inherent to the work performed by the Participant.
O) Expenses for the pregnancy raised medical complications (or) childbirth (delivery expenses)..
P) Any condition or set of circumstances known to a Participant at the time the red Trip was booked (pre-existing conditions).
Q) Eruptions, Atypical cyclonic storms, falling objects from space and aerolites, and in general any extraordinary atmospheric, meteorological, seismic or geological phenomenon.
2. In addition to the previous exclusions, the following benefits are not covered by thistakaful contract:
The services arranged by the Participant on his / her own behalf, without prior communication or without the consent of the Company.
b) Illnesses or injuries arising from chronic ailments or from those that existed prior to the inception date of the certificate.
c) Death as a result of suicide and the injuries or after-effects brought about by attempted suicide.
d) Those derived from illnesses or pathological states caused by the voluntary consumption of alcohol, drugs, toxic substances, narcotics or medicines acquired without medical prescription, as well as any kind of mental illness or mental imbalance.
e) Those derived from renunciation of or delay, on the part of the Participant or persons responsible for him/her, in the transfer proposed by the Company and agreed by its medical service.
f) Rehabilitation treatments.
g) Prostheses, orthopedic material or thesis and osteosynthesis material, as well as spectacles.
h) Those derived from pregnancy and childbirth, or for a complication therefore or voluntary termination of pregnancy.
i) Those derived from baggage that is not sufficiently well packaged or identified, as well as fragile baggage or perishable products.
j) Assistance or compensation for events that occurred during a trip that had commenced, in any of the following circumstances:-
1) Before this insurance comes into force.
2) With the intention of receiving medical treatment.
3) After the diagnosis of a terminal illness.
4) Without prior medical authorization, after the Participant had been under treatment or medical supervision during the twelve months prior to the start of the trip.
k) Expenses that arise once the Participant is at his/her usual country of residence, those incurred beyond the scope of application of the guarantees of the Takaful contract.
3. The Company is exempt from liability when, as a result of force majeure, it is unable to put into effect any of the benefits specifically envisaged in this Certificate.
This Policy is valid for residents of Pakistan who are 85 years or under at inception. Contribution without any additional exclusions being applied or changing to terms & conditions on the following loading scale:-
for person aged between 66 and 75 years, increasing 50%
for person aged between 76 and 80 years, increasing 75%
for person aged between 81 and 85 years, increasing 100%
Pakistan citizen who is married from other countries or permanent resident people or an expatriate working in Pakistan is covered provided journey commences and terminates in Pakistan.
must be contacted immediately, in the event of a Participant dying, incoming medical expenses, being involved in an accident, or being admitted to hospital. The Company will not be liable for any costs without the expressed prior approval of MAPERE ASISTENCIA.
MAPERE ASISTENCIA, will provide a complete medical assistance service to the Participant. Operating 24 hours a day 365 days a year,
MAPERE ASISTENCIA, provides effective medical assistance for the partticipant anywhere in the world and can be accessed by telephone or fax.
Contact Detail :
For Gulf Assistance contact:
Telephone number in Bahrain: +(973) 17 218899
Fax : +(973) 17 215177 (24 hours)